Purpose

To deliver a plan in which design principles support 21st century learning with a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) focus.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Friday Visit

Overall, I think our visit on Friday was highly successful. It was nice to see how other schools work. A few ideas I took away:

-quiet environment: Taft and Hughes were a little disturbing because we didn't see many students. However, I think we may want to look at studying different cultures. The tighter learning environments with less students in the hallway may be helpful to look at. It could help with our 8th grade immensely.

-flexible space: I liked the flexible space at Clark with the garage doors and the small group area in the back for easy and quick remediaiton and individual conferencing

-green roofs: Very hot and current - Could lend to teaching science as well

-progressive thinking: It would be nice to inservice the staff showing some of the videos we saw at the Gym. It would support the need for collaboration and clearly show that soft skills are important and potential employers are looking for students who have these skills

-our next step: It may be helpful to have a Gym session perhaps with Paul Zaffiro to help us rework our schedule and work through the ideas for our new Middle School

Thanks for the great trip and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment