Connected Learning is a bit of a trendy catch-phrase right now but it definitely captures a lot of the currents we captured with post-its at the last meeting.
I just want to say that our teachers have already caught this wave, haven't they? I was just reading Mr Beard's newsletter this morning and the third graders at Vermont are just starting their video project this spring (last year's videos were INCREDIBLE and so inspiring). Ms Blizniak's work in Reach/Discovery is 100% on target with connected learning--the unfortunate thing is that the most divergent thinker in my household doesn't get the opportunity to participate.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that from this parent's perspective, it looks to me like our district is already well down the connected learning path. I'm hopeful that this middle school project will illuminate this fact for community members who don't get to see the evidence firsthand.
Connected Learning is a bit of a trendy catch-phrase right now but it definitely captures a lot of the currents we captured with post-its at the last meeting.
ReplyDeleteI just want to say that our teachers have already caught this wave, haven't they? I was just reading Mr Beard's newsletter this morning and the third graders at Vermont are just starting their video project this spring (last year's videos were INCREDIBLE and so inspiring). Ms Blizniak's work in Reach/Discovery is 100% on target with connected learning--the unfortunate thing is that the most divergent thinker in my household doesn't get the opportunity to participate.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that from this parent's perspective, it looks to me like our district is already well down the connected learning path. I'm hopeful that this middle school project will illuminate this fact for community members who don't get to see the evidence firsthand.