Purpose

To deliver a plan in which design principles support 21st century learning with a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) focus.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Great by Choice

Recently got finished listening to Great by Choice by Jim Collin (http://www.amazon.com/Great-Choice-Uncertainty-Luck--Why-Despite/dp/0062120999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330686966&sr=8-1).  I highly recommend it.

One of the concepts he details in the book is a SMaC Recipe.  Here is a link to a blog that explains it.

Mike Murray got me thinking of it when he talked about having pillars that we stand by at Wyoming.  Should we develop a SMaC Recipe for the district and each division?

1 comment:

  1. I like the concept of the SMaC recipe and this would be good timing to do this, with the change in administration on different levels and with the new addition to the Middle School coming up.

    A SMaC would help enhance a smooth and consistent flow between the different divisions. I am interested in learning more about what happens in the Middle School so that I can prepare my students for those experiences while I have them in the primary school. Nick Allen and I meet monthly so that we can try to allign our curriculum so that the students in gifted services receive a somewhat consistent flow in what they learn when they participate in gifted services in the primary division and then later in the middle school division. I would like to feel that I could also provide that connection to the other classes that the students will take in the Middle School. Having a SMaC would help all of us to see the larger picture and see how our individual work fits into the larger picture so we don't end up with disconnected programs in the three divisions.

    ReplyDelete